KLEW, a CBS affiliate, is looking for a driven and passionate Sports Director/Anchor/MMJ to be part of our team. We cover local sports, including PAC 12’s Washington State University Cougars, Lewis Clark State College Warriors of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Idaho Vandals, and several high school rivals to cover. During football season, the excitement turns to Friday nights which are dedicated to local high school football. Before game night, we go beyond the play-by-plays and feature the match-ups. Of course, there are also the dedicated and passionate fans, coaches, and families who support their local teams.
We’re looking for a strong self-starter who can not only deliver the scores and highlights, but a great storyteller who can capture the stories told each and every day, on and off the fields, during practice, and during the games. If you’d like to be a part of our strong KLEW team and our local sports scene, send us a link to your best work.
- Superior knowledge of sports on all levels from high school to college to the pros
- Proven ability to deliver material in a wide variety of on-camera situations
- Demonstrable hands-on knowledge of contemporary broadcast newsroom systems, including iNews and Avid video editing is highly desired
- The ability to shoot video and operate as a multimedia journalist is a must
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- A bachelor’s degree with preferably an emphasis in journalism/mass communications/sports, or equivalent professional work experience is required
- Solid experience in online and social media content creation is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!