August 24-25, 2016 N/A
View the flyer.
NPAIHB Health Data Literacy Workshop
NPAIHB is excited to present our second Health Data Literacy Workshop! This training provides an excellent opportunity to gain (or refresh) skills in reading, understanding and presenting health data. If you need to interpret, present and make use of epidemiologic data but don’t have a statistics background, this is the training for you! This workshop is a collaboration of the IDEA-NW and WEAVE-NW Projects.
WHEN: August 24-25, 2016
WHERE: Suquamish Clearwater Casino & Resort
WHO: This will be a very practical skill building session for grant writers, data analysts, health professionals, tribal leaders, policy makers and students.
WHAT: The workshop will cover:
- Epidemiology 101 - descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, sampling, bias, disease frequency measures, age-adjustment, confidence intervals and p-values.
- How to interpret data and be sure the results are reliable.
- Where to find public health data for AI/AN communities, including opportunities to meet with state partners.
- How to get started with collecting and mapping data using Geographic Information System (GIS) software.
- Best practices for presenting data effectively for grant proposals, policy papers, and more.
- Putting data to use effectively for planning, evaluation, and policy development in your community.
COST: Free! There is no registration fee for this workshop, and travel scholarships are available for those who are members of or working with NW Tribes (apply during registration). Travel scholarships are limited, so register as soon as you can!
To register please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HealthDataReg
QUESTIONS? Contact Sujata Joshi at email@example.com or 503-416-3261