Website Oregon Dept. of Education
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
At the Oregon Department of Education, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you’re in the right place! The Oregon Department of Education is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in the state of Oregon.
Employment with the Oregon state government represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across our beautiful state. State government professors help support strong communities, healthy kids, education, economic vitality, and a sustainable future.
Current State of Oregon employees (excluding temporary employees) will need to apply for state jobs through their Workday account by selecting the Career worklet icon on your home screen and clicking on Internal-Find Jobs.
The Oregon Department of Education has the following positions open:
- Executive Support Specialist (ESS1), closes 06/11/2023
- Accountant (Accountant 2), closes 06/11/2023
- User Support Specialist (Information Systems Specialist 4), closes 06/11/2023
- Title III Education Specialist (Education Program Specialist 2), closes 06/18/2023
- Executive Support for Health in Education Unit, closes 06/19/2023
- Procurement and Contract Specialist (PCS2) – MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE, open until filled.
- Procurement Training and Outreach Coordinator (Program Analyst 2), open until filled.
The Early Learning Division has the following positions open:
- Network Administrator (Information Systems Specialist 7), closes 06/22/2023
- Child Care Policy Analyst (Operations & Policy Analyst 3), closes 06/22/2023
- Enforcement Coordinator (Operations & Policy Analyst 2), closes 06/22/2023
- Strategic Communications Director (Communications Manager 3), closes 06/22/2023
- Communications Specialist (Public Affairs Specialist 2), closes 06/22/2023
The Oregon School for the Deaf doesn’t have any positions open at this time.
ODE Career Chats are LIVE! Join the ODE Recruitment Team for a virtual meeting every Thursday from 11:00AM – 11:30AM to chat about current and upcoming career opportunities. Use this link to join: ODE Career Chats
Our Amazing Benefits!
At the Oregon Department of Education, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive, collaborative and innovative atmosphere. Autonomy is supported while also being offered opportunities to work in dedicated teams or partnerships across the agency. Our office supports a healthy work/life balance and shows genuine care for team members, students, partners and school leaders.
Our benefits include:
- Excellent medical, vision and dental benefit package for the employee and qualified family members with very low monthly out-of-pocket cost
- Paid days off –
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 3 additional paid “Personal Business Days” per year
- 8 hours of sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual with increases every 5 years
- In addition to standard medical benefits and employee leave, the state also provides additional optional benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program: if you have federal student loan debt or are thinking of going back to school, then you will want to look into this program.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of Oregonians, apply today!
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com