KBOI/KYUU is looking for a Meteorologist to present the weather forecast for our morning and midday newscasts. As our Meteorologist, you are responsible for the content of the weathercast on-air and on our digital and social media platforms.
The main day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Forecasting, producing and presenting clear and easy to understand weathercasts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and occasional live reporting during severe weather events
- Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
To be successful in this role:
- Understanding of weather
- Calm under pressure when there is severe weather
- Ability to relate weather to people’s everyday lives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.