We are seeking a Director for the Educator Advancement Council to join our executive team at the Oregon Department of Education.
The Educator Advancement Council Director provides executive leadership for the agency’s Educator Advancement Council efforts (SB182). Responsibilities include administration, leadership and oversight of the EAC, implementing state and federal budget allocations, hiring and developing employees, developing and implementing a strategic plan and overseeing key strategic initiatives and measures. This position is also responsible for providing policy analysis to the Council, the Governor’s office, legislature and technical support to all 197 school districts.
At the Oregon Department of Education, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. If you’re driven by the passion to impact the lives of children and families statewide, the Oregon Department of Education is the place for you.
Compensation for this position is $93,768 – $ 145,044 depending on experience (*$100,272 – $155,124 if you are vested in Oregon PERS).
We also offer a generous benefit package with:
- Excellent medical, vision and dental benefit package for the employee and qualified family members with very low monthly out-of-pocket cost
- Paid days off –
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 additional paid “Personal Business Days” per year
- 8 hours of sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual, starting at 10 hours per month, with increases every 5 years
- In addition to standard medical benefits and employee leave, the state also provides additional optional benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
You also get to live, work and play in Oregon where you have four beautiful seasons and access to beaches, mountains and the high desert.
|Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
Current State of Oregon employees – you must apply through your employee Workday account.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.