Website Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
3949 South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Phone: (541) 882-1487 or 1-800-552-6290
HR Fax: (541) 273-4564
CLOSE: UNTIL FILLED
Position Description: Health Contracts & Grants Writer Page 2 of 6
2. Provide leadership in grant proposal development, work with relevant departments in administrative analysis, proposal develop, award and post award services and oversight to ensure compliance with grant and contract compliance.
3. Serve as point of contact (POC) and coordinate process for initiating grant application/proposal assistance to secure continued funding.
4. Write proposals and/or complete applications to obtain new grants and contracts for new and existing KTHFS programs.
5. Perform internal compliance audits and monitoring of grant implementation in order to detect any indication of noncompliance with requirements and compliance policies.
6. Ensure all grant and contract reporting requirements are being met in a timely manner. Assist program directors with grant & contract modification, amendments, and other areas as appropriate.
7. Research potential federal, state, and local funding sources and foundations. Maintain funding source directory for funding needs of KTHFS. Coordinate with the Klamath Tribal Administration to ensure non-duplication of funding proposals for services.
8. Work with Program Directors to develop and maintain Indian Health Services, the 638 and Bureau of Indian Affairs Program Contract Modules.
9. Responsible for coordinating quarterly and annual reports as required.
10. Develop and maintain a grant and contract database consisting of funding sources, reporting requirements, funding period, responsible program or department, and other essential data.
11. Serve as POC and coordinate the development, internal review and processing of Professional and Personal Service Agreements/Contracts, Memorandums of Agreement (M.O.A.), Memorandums of Understanding (M.O.U.) and Requests for Proposals (R.F.P.) or Invitation for Bid (IFB). Formalize agreements and contracts in accordance with procurement policies of The Klamath Tribes, following standard finance and accounting practices as appropriate.
12. Provide technical assistance to all KTHFS programs for proposal writing techniques, styles, and content.
13. Provide assistance to KTHFS programs and departments in program development and planning projects, regarding funding and grant development.
Position Description: Health Contracts & Grants Writer Page 3 of 6
14. Research federal rules and regulations for proposal requirements and obtain application packages.
15. Meet with Program Directors, agency officials and others involved in the KTHFS program to identify and manage contractual and grant writing needs and goals. Work closely with finance and administrative staff to ensure uniformity.
16. Prepare status reports and other documents related to program development and pending proposals.
17. Develop and maintain a tracking system for in-kind and matching requirements for grants.
18. Serve as point of contact for agencies when independent monitoring or reviews are required.
19. Perform statistical analyses from collected data and write summary reports.
20. Work with Tribal Administration focal person to identify, develop and submit Tribal wide contracts and grant proposals.
21. The incumbent will be called upon to accomplish other tasks within their scope of work.
The Contracts and Grants Writer and Compliance Officer works under the supervision of the Compliance Officer. This position works independently, resolving normal conflicts according to established procedures and experience. Unusual, new, or complex assignments which require deviation from experience or precedents are discussed with supervisor; however, the employee exercises initiative in researching answers and solving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Knowledge of Federal Government and Tribal Government functions and structure.
Knowledge of P.L. “93-638” public and private sectors funding programs; including knowledge of the Indirect Cost/Contract Support funding support.
Knowledge of effective research and technical writing techniques, and powerful proposal development.
Knowledge, skill and ability to use a computer for modeling, analysis, and inventory of data.
Position Description: Health Contracts & Grants Writer Page 4 of 6
Ability to clearly express thoughts in written and verbal communication.
Ability to critique proposals, based upon program needs, grant formatting requirement, funding source requirements and writing techniques.
Ability to organize, plan and coordinate proposals and references, and to organize and prioritize requests to meet the work demands.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, funding agencies and Tribal Council.
Ability to protect confidentiality of the Klamath Tribes in program development.
Ability to think conceptually, evaluate trends, analyze data and make recommendations.
Ability to prepare budgets and budget justifications for proposed programs and projects.
Ability to complete study documents through outline, draft and final publication stages.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of medical records and adhere to the standards for health record-keeping, HIPAA and Privacy Act requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
Minimum Qualifications: Failure to comply with minimum position requirements may result in termination of employment.
REQUIRED to possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent. (Must submit copy of diploma or transcripts with application).
REQUIRED to possess a BA/BS Degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field.
REQUIRED to have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated work experience in grant writing, research and report writing for grant programs, managing grant or ‘638’ contract programs, or related research, data gathering and data analysis.
REQUIRED to have demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets for proposed programs and projects.
REQUIRED to have computer experience; emphasis will be in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and work in a networked environment.
Position Description: Health Contracts & Grants Writer Page 5 of 6
REQUIRED to submit to a background and character investigation, as per Tribal policy. Following hire must immediately report to Human Resource any citation, arrest, conviction for a misdemeanor or felony crime.
REQUIRED to submit to annual TB skin testing and adhere to KTHFS staff immunization policy in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control immunization recommendations for healthcare workers.
REQUIRED to accept the responsibility of a mandatory reporter of abuse and neglect of infants and children, people who are elderly or dependent, individuals with mental illness or developmental disabilities or residents of nursing homes and other health care facilities. This includes reporting any evidence of physical injury, neglect, sexual or emotional abuse or financial exploitation.
Certificate in grant development and writing
Positive work experience with Native Americans in a related field, preferred.
Experience with relevant database software desirable.
Understanding of Tribal Governments, Tribal P.L. “93-638” programs, indirect cost/contract support application, desirable.
Indian and Tribal Preference will apply, as per policy. (Must submit tribal documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference).
This position description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily inclusive and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
Submit a Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services Application for Employment with all requirements and supporting documentation to:
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@klm.portland.ihs.gov