Mason, Bruce, Girard INC.
Forester/Arborist – Temporary
General position summary:
The Forester/Arborist will apply a wide variety of forest management techniques to perform post forest fire assessments in Pacific Northwest conifer and mixed deciduous forests. Travel throughout western and southern Oregon is required. Duration of the project is 12 months.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Conduct tree inventories and prepare reports.
- Conduct tree risk assessments.
- Provide information and potential solutions related to potential tree-related hazards and risks.
- This level is not supervisory in nature.
- Contacts are within the company, business contacts, and with our clients.
- Work is primarily performed within the field but may also be in a remote office.
- Fieldwork to be performed in all weather conditions, steep, rough terrain, and various settings, including open fields and forested areas.
- Computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time, may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Personal vehicle suitable for use in forest environment required.
- Working knowledge of forest management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Excel, ArcGIS a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and conscientious.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Forestry, natural resources, or related field.
- Five years of field experience working as a forestry professional in Pacific Northwest conifer and mixed deciduous forests.
- In lieu of the above credentials, the candidate may be an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist with five years of experience in post forest fire assessments in the Pacific Northwest.
- Experience in implementing forest management practice rules.
- Experience conducting tree inventories and preparing reports, memos, and other written documentation.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.