Mason, Bruce, Girard INC.
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Environmental Compliance Specialist – Temporary
General position summary:
The Environmental Compliance Specialist identifies sensitive and regulated resources and provides potential solutions related to environmental regulatory compliance. Travel throughout western and southern Oregon is required. The estimated duration of the project 12 months
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Working within major transportation corridors impacted by wildfires, assess and note sensitive habitat features. This may include waterways, wetlands, and/or those regulated by federal, state, and local environmental laws.
- Identify areas of potential erosion and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Assess potential issues pertaining to regulated environmental resources and provide Best Management Practices to reduce impacts, as appropriate.
- This level is not supervisory in nature.
- Contacts are within the company, business contacts, and with our clients.
- Work is performed primarily in the field with some time in a remote office.
- Fieldwork to be performed in all weather conditions, steep, rough terrain, and various settings, including open fields and forested areas.
- Computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time, may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Personal vehicle suitable for use in forest environment required.
- Ability to identify flora and fauna of the Pacific Northwest.
- Ability to identify sensitive and regulated resources.
- General knowledge of environmental regulations (e.g., NEPA, ESA, CWA).
- Ability to work independently.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Excel, ArcGIS a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and conscientious.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Biology, Environmental Science, or natural resource-related field required.
- Three years of experience working in Northwest ecosystems assessing natural and sensitive resource conditions and potential environmental compliance concerns.
- Experience preparing natural resource inventories, reports, memos and other written documentation.
- Experience working with environmental laws, regulations, policy and procedures desired.
- GIS Certification, Wetland Delineation Certification or Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead a plus
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.