Website Native American Rehabilitation Association of the Northwest, Inc.
The Cook is responsible for following Indian Health Services, Multnomah County, and State of Oregon standards/guidelines for food service operations in a Residential Treatment Facility. The primary responsibility of this position is food preparation for the clientele of the residential treatment facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain compliance with NARA’s policy and procedures, as well as state, county, and federal guidelines.
- Prepare scheduled meals.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen area.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of kitchen department supplies and ordering materials as needed.
- Serve and/or supervise service of meals to clients in cafeteria.
- Monitor kitchen details by assigned clientele.
- Maintain effective working relationships with NARA staff.
- Attend facility and department meetings as needed.
- Attend training classes as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One-year experience cooking for residential treatment facility, school or hospital (preferred).
- Knowledge of meal preparation and menu planning.
- Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Long extensive hours of standing.
- Must have a current Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, the community, and other staff members.
- Work collaboratively with clients, other NARA staff, team members, and to treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times.
- Experience working within the Native American/Alaska Native community is considered a plus.
- If in recovery, must have a minimum of two years sobriety/clean time.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment or for cause drug tests.
- Ability to pass criminal background and DMV checks.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Full Benefits Package includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) / HSA / Employee Assistance Program
- 15 Paid holidays
- Wages range from $21-$23 DOE
Other Current Openings
Sorry, you do not have permission to browse job listings.