Use Support Center
“Our mission is to eliminate health disparities and improve the quality of life of American Indians and Alaska Natives by supporting Northwest Tribes in their delivery of culturally appropriate, high quality healthcare.”
Curing Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a chronic infection that can cause liver damage and liver cancer. About 20,000 persons die from HCV each year. Hepatitis C is a preventable and curable disease. Learn how our IHS, Tribal and Urban Indian (I/T/U) primary care clinics are proving that hepatitis c is treatable in our own communities, by our own providers.
View Legislative & Policy Updates
- January 11, 2022: CMS Announces Reinstatement of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- December 17, 2021: Office of Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announces intent to establish a Tribal Intergovernmental Advisory Committee (TIAC)
- December 10, 2021: IHS announced $9.34 million in funding opportunities to support tribal self-governance and urban Indian health
- December 12, 2021: Head Start Programs COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate and Universal Masking.
- November 19, 2021: President Biden signs infrastructure bill into law! (H.R.3684)
- October 28, 2021: Nation to Nation Dialogue on COVID-19 (HHS)
Ashley Thomas, MPH
NW Native American Research Center for Health
Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board
2121 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97201
Health News & Notes
NPAIHB Statement of Solidarity with BLM: Click image below to read
Directory of NPAIHB Programs
Learn more about the good work that’s going on!
DEVELOPING STRONG PARTNERSHIPS TO PRESERVE TRIBAL INTERESTS
Made up of all forty-three federally recognized tribes in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, NPAIHB advocates tribal sovereignty through government-to-government relations. We develop relationships with state offices and other agencies dealing with health matters to assure that tribal interests are taken into account as health policy is formulated.
Administering health research and projects serving Northwest Tribes since 1997.
We offer use of premium training space free of charge to Member Tribes and related organizations.